Has it really been almost four months since I last posted? Yikes.
Life of Lindsey, The Good Parts Version:
1. Acquired new (non-permanent, i.e. for five months) job in January; left the food service industry behind for good.
2. Discovered the joys of an 8-to-5 lifestyle, complete with weekends, nights off, paid vacation time, health insurance, and bus commuting.
3. Got to experience the Wendy Davis filibuster from the inside.
4. Despaired of my state's politicians.
5. Job which was expected to last through May extended through June, and then through August.
6. Started practicing yoga on a regular basis. Have now become that person who goes as often as possible and talks about how great it is to anyone who will listen.
7. Found a psychiatrist, started taking sertraline (aka Zoloft) for "generalized anxiety disorder" and "major depressive affective disorder, recurrent episode, in partial or unspecified remission" (whoo, official diagnoses), and acquired a therapist. Discovered that it's a lot easier to wake up at 6am now, among other things.
8. Job which was originally expected to end three months earlier instead offers me a permanent position, a promotion, a raise, and minions. My granny is possibly even more delighted than I am.
9. Shopping spree ensues. (I have these boots
and no regrets. They make me feel like a Star Trek reboot crew member.)
10. Planning for double half-birthday party with my twin sister which looms large next weekend.
That covers the big stuff, I guess. Today, I wrote 1000 words on the epic Ethan/Brandt MI4 fic that Katie and I have already written almost 15,000 words on but has been languishing away in google docs. I'm recovering from my first SRS BZNS yoga class, because I reached a point of fitness where I feel comfortable leveling up like that, and I was poking/helping Katie until she got traction on her POI Regency AU a little while ago. And I have tomorrow off (four-day weekend!), so I think I'm going to eat another fudgesicle and stay up late writing spy shenanigans.